Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home is Where You Hang Your Mosquito Net.

I'm sorry, I don't have pictures today, but for the non facebook crowd I wanted to let you know I've moved. I'm living in a semi-independent room in the house of a Senora a couple blocks away from where I was living. I have my own entrance, but am sharing a bathroom and fridge in the main section of the house. On the upside, I bought a stove and now am cooking my own meals. Also, no kids live here so the average decibel level is generally lower at any given moment. This all sumounts to a higher total happiness quotient.

I want to say that I adore the the family I was living with. They were more than generous and the kids are awesome. It was just time for me to move on.

Right now I'm in the process of turning an empty room into a home. I've been finding discarded items on the side of road, mostly fruit crates, and am in the process of fixing them up to be my dresser, or kitchen counter. I'll post photos once all the handy work is done. It's shaping up to be very Peace Corps Chic.

POW: No screen on my window leading to full out Mosquito vs. Taylor war.
WOW: MY OWN PLACE!
CHOW: Cabbage and carrot salad with Lime chili dressing topped with a fried egg and cup of instant coffee.

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be pretty impossible to live with kids that weren't mine. Enjoy your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I thought so too at first, but the kids I lived with are about as good as you get. Here is a link that introduces most of them.

    http://desastresastre.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-just-put-another-round-of-photos-on.html

    Thanks for the well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. However, some people would think that using mosquito nets are outdated and unfashionable. mosquito net for camping

    ReplyDelete